TapScreen technology arrives on Malaysian shores
TIMEX’s award winning innovative collection helps athletes “tap” into elevated performance.
Timex, a leader in outdoor and sports performance timepieces, has unveiled in Malaysia the Timex® Ironman® Sleek™ 150-Lap watch with TapScreen™ Technology, a revolutionary collection of precision sports timing instruments. The watch, which conveniently responds to an athlete's touch, has been awarded the Runner's World ispo 2010 Award for Technology.
"The Timex Ironman Sleek 150-Lap with TapScreen Technology redefines how athletes interact with their timepieces in training and competition," said Heberto Calves, vice president of marketing at Timex. "Timex is honored and pleased to be recognized by Runner's World at ispo 2010."
The collection's revolutionary TapScreen™ Technology allows users to easily activate the lap feature by "tapping" anywhere on the timepiece's face, rather than having to locate and push buttons mid-stride.
The Target time pacer delivers distinct audible alerts, indicating if the runner is on pace, slow or fast, in addition to displaying the time ahead or behind pace. This allows athletes to adjust their speed accordingly and adhere to race day strategy.
The collection will be available in a variety of men's and women's styles, marking the first time a 150-lap collection with such advanced sports timing benefits and large, easy-to-read digits will be available in styles designed specifically with women in mind.
The collection is available in various colours, and boasts the following features and benefits:
- TapScreen™ Technology, offering effortless access to advanced lap features;
- Target Time Pacer, delivering distinct audible alerts and advising of pace;
- 16 labeled Interval timers, making complex interval workouts easy and efficient;
- Lap management system, providing in-depth access to 150 laps of dated workouts;
- Hydration and nutrition alarms, reminding the user to refuel at regular intervals;
- 100-hour chronograph;
- 24-hour countdown timer;
- Three customizable alarms with five-minute back-up alarm;
- Dual time zone abilities for travel convenience;
- Water-resistant to 100 meters;
- Indiglo® night-light with Night-Mode® feature
Head over to MSN's Running Channel for the best running tips, product reviews, and a comprehensive running calendar of 2011.
New Nike+ SportWatch GPS delivers an all-new dynamic running experience.